Chanelle Henning Saga
The Hawks on Thursday morning raided properties belonging to the ex-husband of murdered Pretoria mother Chanelle Henning.
"I can confirm we have a search-and-seizure [warrant] on five properties of Nico Henning," spokesman Colonel McIntosh Polela said.
"A search warrant has been executed and is part of a wider investigation."
Polela declined to reveal any more information related to the matter, as the investigation was ongoing.
National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesman Mthunzi Mhaga said queries related to the search-and-seizure warrant should be directed to Polela.
Henning is the ex-husband of 26-year-old Chanelle Henning, who was shot dead on November 8 last year after dropping off her five-year-old son at a pre-primary school in Manitoba Drive in Faerie Glen, Pretoria.
Witnesses told the police at the time that two men on a motorbike overtook her car and fired several shots. One hit her in the chest, killing her. Her car continued moving for about 100 metres before crashing into a rock on the pavement.
Police questioned Henning shortly after the murder. He was released without being charged.
Two men involved in the murder, Willem Pieterse and Gerhardus du Plessis, are already serving 18-year jail sentences for their involvement. Du Plessis, a suspended police detective, confessed last year to being the gunman.
On Tuesday, the bail application of two other men accused of being involved in the murder was delayed in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court.
Former Nigerian Olympic athlete Ambrose Monye was still trying to arrange his legal representation. Monye and co-accused Andre Gouws would be back in court on May 24.
Another accused in the matter was Preshan Singh.
Here are some images of the documentation being confiscated, and then later we look at happenings in the case since Henning's murder.